At Brookline Animal Hospital, we promote annual wellness visits for each of our patients. Regular physical exams are a very important component of your pet’s preventative care. It is through preventative care and early intervention that we can help your pet avoid serious health issues, stay healthy, and insure a long and happy life. We believe that disease prevention is preferred (and less costly) to disease treatment. Many diseases, if caught early, can be treated and/or medically managed to help maintain a good quality of life.
Included with your pet’s annual wellness visit, we will:
- Perform a complete, thorough physical exam to evaluate every organ system and try to detect any problems you may not have noticed.
- We will look into the eyes and ears, evaluate the mouth and teeth, assess body condition, evaluate the skin and neurologic system, palpate the musculoskeletal system, listen to the heart and lungs with our stethoscopes and palpate the abdomen.
- We will discuss preventative care at home with advice on proper diet, exercise and home dental care.
- Discuss and make recommendations regarding vaccinations to prevent infectious diseases. These recommendations will be tailored to your pets’ lifestyle and risk of exposure.
- Perform fecal testing for intestinal parasites. As well as being harmful to your pet, some of these intestinal parasites can be transmitted to humans.
- Perform annual tests for infectious diseases such as heartworm, tick-borne diseases and viruses (Feline Leukemia and Feline immune-deficiency virus). These are illnesses that are becoming increasingly more common in the Northeast and can be fatal to your pet if not detected and treated early.
- In many cases, especially as your pet becomes middle aged or older, we will check blood pressure and perform annual screening blood and urine tests. These tests allow us to detect disease at its earliest stages and allow early intervention.
- Provide a complimentary nail trim and give your pet lots of love and attention!
- As you pet becomes older and /or develops chronic illnesses, we will perform exams and monitor tests more frequently.
Brookline Animal Hospital is proud to serve Brookline, Nashua, Milford, Hollis, Mason and Townsend and Pepperall, MA as well as surrounding communities. Schedule an appointment online today for your pet’s preventative care services.